Can’t login to Google Voice on iPhone (iOS 10.x) 2017
There appears to be a glitch with the most recent iteration of Google Voice iOS App (ver. 2.0 released early 2017) that caught many GV enthusiasts off guard.
The problem is that users are unable to sing in to Google Voice App on the iOS devices and there seems to be no fix in sight available from Google support to address it. It may serve a sign of its diminishing reliability and makes you think twice about using it for business or otherwise important purpose.
Luckily, there are workarounds to alleviate the problem:
I. Use Chrome to sing in to your Google account associate with your GV account and here are the steps:
1. Open your GV App on iPhone/iPad
2. Sing In with your GV email and password
3. Once you get greeted with the message: “Something went wrong. Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again.” copy the URL from the top address bar
4. Open up Chrome (if you don’t have it, install it from Appstore) then paste the URL copied in step 3 into Chrome and tap Go
5. Once authenticated, you will be able to use Google Voice App on your iOS device again.
II. Restore your phone with the known working version of Google Voice App via iTunes